Back to Cadet Corps Database 101-200 page

#134 Cadet Corps

1905

 

1904-05

 

The corps performed drill at the laying of the corner stone of the James Short School. The school cadet movement officially came to Alberta in 1905 when the following corps were authorized: #134 Calgary Public School Company; 135 Macleod CC and 136 Western College CC. The latter started out as a mounted cadet corps. In 1910 the title was changed to Western Canada College Cadets.

 

 

Western Canada High School today, (F. Arseneault, 2005)

 


[1] The Militia Regiments of Alberta 1901-1939, a unpublished manuscript by Richard Cunnife 1971

[2] Pride - the History of 1390 RCACC