Back to Cadet Corps Database #1-100

#2 Cadet Corps

Name - Bishop's College School Cadet Corps

Location Lennoxville, QC

Formed November 28, 1879      Disbanded  Active 

Commanding Officers- 

 

 

Capt G.V. Whitehead (1913) Biography

 

 

 

Capt S.F. Abbott (1952-76) Biography

 

Maj D.J. Turner, CD (1976-96) Biography  

 

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  C/Maj C. Scott (1989)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

 

Corps Home

 

 

 

   
 

History - 

The roots of this corps date back to the formation of a Volunteer Militia Rifle Company at Bishop's College on Dec 6 1861 (Militia General Orders). On 6 July 1866, the Bishop's Guard Drill Association was formed in Montreal, composed of pupils of the Bishop's School under the direction of Reverend Mr. E. Moreau. On 26 Feb 1869, the former Rifle Company at Bishop's College was changed to a Drill Association. Apparently pupils of the school were involved in the defence against the Fenian Raids of 1870.

Bishop's College School Drill Company was formed 28 Nov 1879, and allocated the number 2 in 1904. On April 22, 1936, the Corps was affiliated with the Black Watch (RHR), 3rd Battalion. It is presently sponsored by the Bishop's College School Association."

1870s 1880s 1890s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940 1941 1942
1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952
1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962
1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972
1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982
1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992
1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002
2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009