Back to Cadet Corps Database 1301-1400 page

#1344 Cadet Corps

Corps Flag  Photo Gallery

 

Name -                  Bedford Road Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps 

Location              Saskatoon, SK

Formed               December 19, 1927         Disbanded            July 24, 1931

Reformed           November 7, 1940           Disbanded            November 22, 1943

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

     
   
   
   
   
   

Corps Flag

 

Corps Home

 
 

 

History -   

Formed 19 December 1927 (MO 56/28) disbanded on 24 July 1931 (MO 391/31). This corps was formed 19 Dec 1927. It disbanded 24 July 1931.

Reactivated 7 November 1940 (MO 260/40) and disbanded effective 22 November 1943 (CAO Supp 511/43), when it was absorbed into #328 Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps as B Company. The Corps was affiliated to The Saskatoon Light Infantry (MG). 

This Corps was reformed 7 Nov 1940 along with 3 others, 328 Nutana, 1696 City Park, and 1704 Technical Collegiate Institutes (Saskatoon, Sask). In a letter (HQ 12 S 46(DAC) d/4 Jun 1943 it was proposed to organize the 4 Collegiate Institutes into one to be known as 328 Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (with 4 Companies). The four corps (328, 1344, 1696 and 1704 disbanded 22 Nov 1943.

see also #328, 1696, 1704 CC for further information