Back to Cadet Corps Database 2301-2400 page

#2377 Cadet Corps

Corps Flag  Photo Gallery

 

Name -            St Michael's Regional High School Cadet Corps   

Location        Grand Falls, NF

Formed        February 6, 1950      Disbanded        March 1, 1978

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

   Chief Inst W. Beson (1950) Biography  
 Chief Inst V. Stapleton (1952-53) Biography  
 Lt J.F. Molloy (1954-57) Biography  
   
   
   

Corps Flag

Corps Home

 
 

 

History -   

This corps was formed 6 Feb 1950 under the sponsorship of Notre Dame Academy School Board and was designated as 2377 Catholic Cadet Corps. On Dec 29 1950 a request was made by the CO to have the name changed to Notre Dame Academy Cadet Corps. affil.: Royal Newfoundland Regt May 1, 1953. In June 1953 authority was granted to the Corps to become affiliated with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. In March 1957 sponsorship of this Corps was assumed by Notre Dame Council, Knights of Columbus and the Corps was re-designated St Michael's Regional High School Cadet Corps.

Annual Inspection 1954 film footage (1:30 min) Windows Media file (note - this file will take approx 2 minutes to download on high speed server)