Back to Cadet Corps Database #1-100

# 25 Cadet Corps

Name - Montreal High School Cadet Corps

Location  Montreal, QC

Formed  Aug 2, 1889               Disbanded  unknown

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

 

Corps Home

 

Burnside Hall at the corner of Dorchester (now René Lévesque) and University streets.

 

 

History -

 


 

Name - Church Lads Brigade - Grace Church Coy Cadet Corps

Location  Brantford, ON

Formed  October 5, 1915               Disbanded  March 19, 1925

Church Lads Brigade - Grace Church Coy Cadet Corps

Brantford, ON

October 5, 1915

March 19, 1925

Church Lads Brigade - St. James the Apostle C Coy Cadet Corps

Montreal, QC

June 11, 1913

April 7, 1922

Church Lads Brigade - D Coy Cadet Corps

Montreal, QC

August 11, 1914

November 17, 1920

Church Lads Brigade - St Albans (A) Company No 3079 Cadet Corps

Montreal, QC

April 23, 1913

March 24, 1925

Church Lads Brigade - St Cuthberts Church B Coy Cadet Corps

Montreal, QC

April 23, 1913

January 18, 1926

Church Lads Brigade - Christ Church Coy Cadet Corps

Saskatoon, SK

November 26, 1913

October 5, 1925

Church Lads Brigade - St Johns (Engineer) (E) Coy Cadet Corps

Saskatoon, SK

December 3, 1913

February 14, 1921

Church Lads Brigade - St. Georges' (F) Coy  Cadet Corps

Saskatoon, SK

March 27, 1914

July 11, 1931

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

 

Corps Home

 Church Lads Brigade - Grace Church Coy, Brantford ON

 

 

History - 

Unusual in that one corps, #25, had companies in three different provinces, the only corps ever to have such far flung sub units. This corps was formed as a company of 25 Church Lads Brigade 5 Oct 1915. It disbanded 19 Mar 1925.

The Church Lads Brigade shows up for the first time in the 1914 General Orders. This Corps formed originally as No 432 St James the Apostle (Engineer) Cadet Corps 11 June 1913. In 1913, the General Orders list it as C Coy of 25 Church Lads Brigade Cadet Corps. It disbanded 07 April 1922.

This corps was formed as D Coy of 25 Church Lads Brigade 11 Aug 1914. It disbanded 17 Nov 1920.

This corps was originally formed as 408 St Albans Company No 3079 23 Apr 1913. Sometime in 1913 it became A Company of No 25 Church Lads Brigade. It disbanded 24 Mar 1925.

This corps originally formed as 409 B Coy Trinity Church Lads Brigade Cadet Corps 23 Apr 1913. Sometime during 1913 it became B Coy of 25 Church Lads Brigade. In 1923 the name changed to St Cuthberts Church. The company disbanded 18 Jan 1926.

This corps originally formed as 486 Christ Church Cadet Corps 26 Nov 1913. Sometime during 1913, it became part of 25 Church Lads Brigade as a Coy. It disbanded 5 Oct 1925. Christ Church in Saskatoon became the first church in the province to support a Church Lad's Brigade (CLB) on 26 November 1913 (E coy). St. John's (F coy) was formed effective 3 December 1913 and St. George's on 27 March 1914. Effective 27 March 1914 the CLB was authorized to become an eight company Corps (MO 172/14). Drill instructors for this Corps were provided initially by 105th Regiment (Saskatoon Fusiliers) and with the re organization of the Militia, affiliation changed accordingly to the North Saskatchewan Regiment effective 1 October 1920 and the Saskatoon Light Infantry from 1924 to the time of the Corps disbandment. F Coy was disbanded 14 February 192l, followed by E Coy on 5 October 1925 and the entire Corps effective 11 July 193l vide MO 342/31.

This Corps formed originally as No 3 St James the Apostle (Engineer) Cadet Corps, 3 Dec 1913. Sometime in 1913 it became a Coy in 25 Church Lads Brigade. The corps disbanded 14 Feb 1921.

This corps was formed as a Coy of 25 Church Lads Brigade 27 Mar 1914. It disbanded 11 July 1931.

 

 

1910s 1920s -