Back to Cadet Corps Database 301-400 page

#328 Cadet Corps

 Name -     Nutana Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion                       

Location      Saskatoon, SK                   

Formed      April 6, 1912                                 Disbanded                April 18, 1933

Reformed        Nov 7, 1940                            Disbanded        Nov 22, 1943

A coy  Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Batt. (Nutana Coll.) Nov 23, 1943 unknown
B coy Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Batt. (Bedford Road Coll.) Nov 23, 1943 unknown
C coy Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Batt. (City Park Coll.) Nov 23, 1943 unknown
D coy  Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Batt. (Tech. Coll.) Nov 23, 1943 unknown

      

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors-  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Capt Harold B. Martinson (1977) Biography

(photo)

 

 

Capt Harold B. Martinson, CD (1986-87) Biography

(photo)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Capt Andrew H. Beck (2004-?) Biography

(photo)

Capt Patricia Paul, CD (2010-)

(photo)

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 (photo)

  

 (photo)

 

 (photo)

 

 (photo)

 

 (photo)

 

Corps Flag

 (photo)

Corps Home

 

 

 

History -

History -   

Formed 6 April 1912 (MO 197/12) and designated #328 The Saskatoon Cadet Corps. B Coy was formed 11 November 1913 (MO 560/13). On 6 December 1927 (MO 566/27) the Corps was re-designated as #328 Nutana Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion and affiliated to 105th Regiment (Saskatoon Fusiliers). In 1920, affiliation was changed to The North Saskatchewan Regiment and in 1924 to The Saskatoon Light Infantry. The Corps was disbanded 18 April 1933 (MO 182/33).

          This Corps (328 Nutana) was reformed 7 Nov 1940 along with 3 others, 1344 Bedford Road, 1696 City Park, and 1704 Technical Collegiate Institutes (Saskatoon, Sask). In a letter (HQ 12 S 46(DAC) d/4 Jun 1943 it was proposed to organize the 4 Collegiate Institutes into one to be known as 328 Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (with 4 Companies). The four corps (328, 1344, 1696 and 1704 disbanded 22 Nov 1943.

Possible flocked shoulder flash              

 

328 The Saskatoon was formed 6 Apr 1912, and was later called the Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps. In 1927, the name was changed to Nutana Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion. The corps disbanded 18 Apr 1933.

This Corps (328 Nutana) was reformed 7 Nov 1940 along with 3 others, 1344 Bedford Road, 1696 City Park, and 1704 Technical Collegiate Institutes (Saskatoon, Sask). In a letter (HQ 12 S 46(DAC) d/4 Jun 1943 it was proposed to organize the 4 Collegiate Institutes into one to be known as 328 Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (with 4 Companies). 

The four corps (328, 1344, 1696 and 1704 disbanded 22 Nov 1943. 328 Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion formed 23 Nov 43 with the following Coys:
A Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (Nutana Collegiate)

B Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (Bedford Road Collegiate)

C Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (City Park Collegiate)

D Saskatoon Collegiate Institute Cadet Battalion (Technical Collegiate)

Effective 17 Jan 1944 the Battalion became affiliated with the No. 2 Group (R) 9th Divisional Ordance Workshop R.C.O.C. Effective 20 Dec 1949 affiliation with No 17 Infantry Workshop, RCEME was cancelled and the Corps was affiliated with 17th Light Anti-Aircraft Regt RCA. affil.: 44th Med Bty RCA, Jan 1, 1955. Effective 31 Aug 56 it became affiliated with 44th Med Bty Regt. affil.: 10th Medium Regt RCA, Sept 1, 1956 Effective 12 Apr 60 affiliation changed to 10th Med Artillery Regt. Effective 1 May 62 unit affiliated with 10th Field Artillery Regt. Effective 25 Nov 66 sponsor and affiliation was changed to 20 Medical Coy RCAMC (M) and the corps was re-designated 328 Saskatoon Medical Cadet Corps. Effective 5 May 70 the sponsor was changed to Saskatoon Br Defence Medical Association. Effective 30 Jan 76 change of affiliation to 16 (Saskatchewan) Service Battalion.

Note: the anniversary date was changed 8 August 1997 from 7 Nov 1940 to 23 Nov 1943. This was done to reflect the disbandment date of 22 Nov 1943.
Anniversary Certificates to be issued based upon original formation date (07 Nov 1940), as Nov 43 activities were only to redesignate four Corps into one Corps consisting of four Coy's.

 

Trophies

  

1910s 1920s 1930s 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946
1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956
1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966
1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976
1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986
1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996
1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016