Back to Cadet Corps Database 501-600 page

#563 Cadet Corps

Name -  Weyburn High School Cadet Corps,   Weyburn Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps       

Location       Weyburn, SK

Formed    November 13, 1914     Disbanded     December 16, 1929

Reformed    December 11, 1940     Disbanded     March 17, 1944

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

 

Corps Home

 

 

 

History -   

Formed on 13 November 1914 (MO 527/14) and designated as #563 Weyburn High School Cadet Corps. Affiliation was to The 95th Saskatchewan Rifles until 1920; The South Saskatchewan Regiment from 1920 until the re organization of this Regiment to The Weyburn Regiment in 1924. The Corps was disbanded 16 December 1929 (MO 37/30). The first Army Cadet Corps in Weyburn was formed on 13 November 1914, and designated “563 High School Cadet Corps”. 563 High School Cadet Corps was affiliated to the 95th Saskatchewan Rifles and it’s sponsor was the Weyburn High School. On 1 January 1920 it was re-designated “563 Weyburn Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps”. On 1 September 1920 it was re-designated as “563 South Saskatchewan Regiment Cadet Corps”. On 1 September 1924 it became “563 Weyburn Regiment Cadet Corps”. 563 Weyburn Regiment Cadet Corps was disbanded on 16 December 1929. H.Q. 12-W-27

The Corps was re activated on 11 December 1940 (MO 292/40) and designated as #563 Weyburn Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps and affiliated to The South Saskatchewan Regiment until disbanded effective 17 March 1944 (CAO Supp 133/44). On 11 December 1940 it was re-activated and designated “563 Weyburn Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps”, and was affiliated to the South Saskatchewan Regiment.  563 Weyburn Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps was disbanded on 17 March 1944.

 

1910s 1920s - 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 -