Back to Cadet Corps Database #1-100

#7 Cadet Corps

Name - Royal Canadian Military Engineer Cadet Corps

Location St Thomas, ON

Formed   Feb 27, 1880                  Disbanded  Active

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

Capt Thomas Jones (1880-1910) biography

 

Capt J. Finlay (1915) biography

 

Chief Inst J. Beeson (1917) biography

Maj F.O. 'Bear' Lewis, MBE, ED, CD,  (1925-66) biography

Maj D.B. Holmes, CD (1966-67) biography

Maj G. Walls (1967-69) biography

 

Maj W.H. 'Hub' Dollar (1969-75) biography

Maj G. Richardson, CD (1975-76) biography

 

Capt J.J. Campbell (1976-77) biography

 

Capt Don Dingman, CD (1977-79) biography

 

Capt John R. Wates (1980-82)  
Capt D.R. Mitchinson (1983-85)  
Capt R. Lauzon (1986-88)  
Capt C.E. Scott (1989-92)  
Maj W. Nicholls (1994-95)  
Capt J.P. McPhee (1996-97) Biography  
   

Capt. Robert Dymock (-2004) biography

 

Capt Gordon B. Mathers (2004-) biography

 

Capt C. L. Riddell (2006-current) biography

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

The corps first flag

 

Corps Home

Central Elgin Collegiate (-1977)

 Elgin Regt Armouries (1977-)

 

History - 

St Thomas Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps was formed 27 Feb 1880, and given No 7 in 1904. It was sponsored by the Board of Education of St Thomas. It was affiliated with the Elgin Regt, 2nd (R) Bn Elgin Regt Jan 19, 1943, and in 1955, the Elgin Regt (27th Armoured), and eff 18 May 58 it with the Elgin Regiment (RCAC). Effective 1 Jun 63 it redesignated as Central Elgin Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps. Effective 1 Jul 77 change of designation again to St Thomas Cadet Corps. At the same time, The Elgin Regiment assumed sponsorship of the Corps. Effective Sep 77 change of sponsor to Optimist Club of St Thomas. Sponsor changed to Br 41 RC Legion in 93. No auth. C CDts msg 370 251141Z Oct 99 authorizes the Affiliated Unit change from The Elgin Armour Regiment to 31 Combat Engineer Regiment (The Elgin's). Royal Canadian Military Engineer Cadet Corps

"St.Thomas Collegiate Institute" flocked yellow on green school corps shoulder flash ca.1943 known to exist

 

 

 

St.Thomas Collegiate Institute

current shoulder flash

 

cap badge ca.1920

The Elgin Patch

 

 

 

1880-90s 1900s 1910s 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s 1960s 1968 1969
1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979
1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989
1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999
2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019

Source: The Elgins - The Story of the Elgin Regt. (RCAC) and Its Predecessors by Capt Leonard A Curchin and Lt Brian D. Sims Regimental Historian and 91st Elgin Bn Historian (1977)