Medals main page
Royal Canadian Legion Cadet Medal of Excellence
The RCLCME recognizes individual endeavors of a citizenship nature which meet or enhance the aims and objectives of the cadet organizations.
A Cadet must have annually completed the following milestones in each of three years of cadet training:
1. meet all requirements of the corps/squadron LHQ annual mandatory training program;
2. meet all requirements of the corps/squadron LHQ support/optional training program;
3. participated in a minimum of three community service events, in addition to those supported by the cadet unit through its LHQ program;
4. regarded by peers and superiors as exemplifying the model cadet; and
5. enhanced the cadet unit through:
1. cooperation with peers and subordinates
3. promoting goodwill and morale within the corps/squadron;
4. aiding in the development of group identity and cohesiveness;
5. supporting and assisting fellow unit members; and
6. enhancing the impact of the cadet organization in the local community.
The medals are presented by individual Legion Branches who sponsor or support the individual Corps.