Back to Cadet Corps Database 3001-3100 page

#3068 Cadet Corps

Name -       Camrose SALH Cadet Corps   

Location       Camrose, AB

Formed     1 Sept 2002    Disbanded    Active    

Commanding Officers/Chief Instructors- 

  2Lt Brian Backhaus (Platoon Commander 1390 Det) Biography

 

OCdt Scott O'Neill (Platoon Commander 1390 Det)  Biography

 

2Lt Linda Lorente (2002- Sept 2003) Biography

 

Lt Cori Boos (Sept 2003-Jan 2004) Biography

 

Maj Bill Hart, CD (Jan 2004- July 2004) Biography

 

Capt Alex Boos, CD (July 2004-) Biography

Capt. Angeline Rolf (2016 - ) Biography

 

Senior Cadets

   

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corps Flag

Corps Home

2002 - to date

Camrose Community Centre - It is an old WWII-era hangar, like F-20 at VACSTC. The original structure is the right-hand portion in the picture, which today makes up our offices and QM as well as those of the Air Cadets, the Outreach School and other community spaces. The left half is completely new since 2003, and is an indoor roller-hockey rink and jogging track that doubles as our parade square

 

 

History -   

 Affiliated with South Alberta Light Horse

 

Something left behind by the previous cadet corps based in Camrose, proudly displayed at the corps today.

A HISTORY OF THE ARMY CADET PROGRAM IN CAMROSE

The Army Cadet Program is not new to Camrose. In fact three Army Cadet Corps existed in Camrose prior to 3068 coming in to being. These first Corps were established as young men’s association for Drill and Training, and were formed as a part of the Camrose School System. The 453 Normal Practice School Cadet Corps formed on September 30th 1913 and disbanded on June 30th 1946. The 790 Camrose High School Cadet Corps was formed on October 1st 1919, and disbanded on January 24th 1929. It was reformed on December 16th 1931, and disbanded on February 4th 1942. 1519 Camrose Public School Cadet Corps was formed on January 15th 1931 and disbanded on June 30th 1947. 

In the spring of 2000, 2Lt Brian Backhaus and OCdt Scott O’Neill approached the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #57 for sponsorship of an Army Cadet Corps in Camrose. In an effort to establish a link to Camrose’s Military heritage, the two sought affiliation with the 19th Alberta Dragoons, a former reserve unit that paraded a troop in Camrose until it was amalgamated with the South Alberta light Horse in 1964. In September of 2000 the Camrose Army Cadets began parading as a satellite platoon with 1390 RCA (Red Deer) RCACC. On September 1st 2002, 3068 South Alberta Light Horse Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps was officially stood up. 

From 2002 to present the Corps has been lead by 2nd Lieutenant Linda Lorente, Lieutenant Cori Boos, Major Bill Hart, CD and Captain Alex Boos, CD.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION BRANCH 57


- - - - - 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006
2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016